Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thing # 23

1. My favorite things that I learned about are the wikis and youtube. It amazes me how easy it is to find information about pretty much any topic. If I need troubleshooting help, I can find a video that walks me through the process.
2. Before completing this program I was afraid of technology. I used it only when I had to, and only used basics. My students still laugh when I roll out the overhead. I now feel more confident in using the web to enhance learning and create modern lessons that will help students develop their love of learning.
3. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up and modify my wiki. I will definitely incorporate this as a means of communication with both parents and students as well as to collaborate with my colleagues.
4. I prefer Shelfari to Library Thing. It has more appeal than Library Thing. I also like that it takes you through each step from title to review as you enter each book.
5. I would absolutely participate in another discovery program. It is nice to have someone point out cool tools that are available.
6. 23 Things has removed my fear of technology and sparked my love of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment