Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thing #7

I love Google. Any time I need to find something, it is my go to search engine. However, I did not realize how many other tools Google offers. The first thing I explored was iGoogle. I love the tool that can be added to the page. It is now my home page so now any time I want to know what the weather is like, get the latest news headlines, or search for a video on youtube all I have to do is go home. I must admit I become slightly enthralled with the color game offered. After playing with this for a while, I went to the Google calendar. This is a great tool for librarians. You can create a calendar and put a link on a school wiki so that students, parents, faculty, and staff can see what is happening in the library. My calendar is only in the beginning stages, but I plan to add information and use in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment